The Blue Davenport, LLC is a full service spa serving the Rhinelander area. With independent service providers dedicated to customer care, we provide therapeutic massage, salon services, facials, chemical peels, body treatments, full service waxing, paraffin dips, nail services, and an infrared sauna. We are a one stop shop for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation.
An infrared sauna uses infrared light waves to create heat. Unlike traditional steam saunas that use moist air to create heat, these light waves heat your body directly. This allows infrared saunas to produce the same effects of sweating and increased heart rate associated with moderate exercise at a lower temperature, making them accessible to many who cannot tolerate high temperature steam saunas. The many benefits of an infrared sauna session are listed below.
$20 - 30 minute session
Saunas increase your body’s blood circulation, which stimulates vigorous sweating. Sweating is the body’s way of cooling down, but also of clearing the skin of built-up toxins.
It's your time to relax! Listen to music, read, meditate, or just rest and decompress. Think of it as a mini vacation.
Muscle Pain Relief
Our body’s soft tissues, such as: muscles, fascia, tendons, and ligaments; relax more effectively when they are warm. This increases range of motion and flexibility. Infrared heat penetrates deeper into the body than moist air saunas, which allows the benefit of increased circulation to bring relief and healing to many areas of the body. Increased circulation also boosts oxygen supply to muscles and carries off metabolic waste products that can cause pain, such as lactic acid. This cycle allows muscles to recover from pain, tension, spasms, and general soreness faster.
Immune System Boost
Feeling a little under the weather? A sauna session will increase your core temperature, inducing an artificial fever. Fevers are our natural mechanism to accelerate our body’s immune response. Combine that with improved circulation that eliminates waste through sweating and carries white blood cells throughout your entire body more quickly, and you have yourself an enhanced immune system ready to fight off that bug you caught.
Weight Loss & Increased Metabolism
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, regular use of a sauna imparts a similar boost on the cardiovascular system to running. As your core temperature rises, your body initiates sweat production to cool itself, and your heart pumps faster to accelerate circulation due to increased cellular metabolic needs. This boost in cellular metabolism burns calories, all while you quietly relax.
• Overheating (heat exhaustion and heat stroke)
• Using the sauna while drinking or after drinking alcohol
• Depleting your electrolytes or minerals through sweating
• The effects of mobilized toxins
It is, as well, not recommended to use the sauna during an acute illness or injury where it may interfere with the natural healing process. For example, it is recommended to avoid sauna use during the first 48 hours of an acute sprain-type injury.
• Adverse effects on certain medical conditions
• Interference with the absorption and/or effects of certain medications
• Adverse effects on some implants
Avoid sauna use completely in the case of:
• Stroke (type caused by bleeding into the brain)
• Severe aortic stenosis
• Recent myocardial infarction (heart attack)
• Unstable angina pectoris
• Lupus erythematosus - if you are on steroids (interferes with blood circulation)
• Brain tumors
• Multiple sclerosis
• Silicone implants
Check with your doctor in the case of:
• Your specific medical condition
• Pacemakers (check with doctor and manufacturer)
• Pins, rods and other implants, such as cochlear implants - DO NOT use the sauna if it causes you pain or other discomfort at the site of your implant
• Diabetes - start slowly and monitor your blood sugar
$20 - 30 minute session